Menu Home

To Mykonos!!!

It was a late start to the morning.  I woke up and opened the window to let some light in.  One: It would start to wake ‘Hercules’ up and Two: Its hard to get ready when the room is dark.  Opening the window, ‘Lonely Island’ was down below talking to the hotel manager.  By the looks of it, he was going to take her to the port.  She asked if ‘Hercules’ and I wanted to go with her.  I turned and looked to see ‘Hercules’ still in bed and not packed.  I had to turn her down.  The hotel manager said he would give us 10 minutes.  I looked again.  Yea, that wasn’t going to happen.

Mykonos Famous Windmills

‘Hercules’, ‘Honey Bee’, ‘Mikree’, and I shared a cab to the port.  We were on our way to Mykonos.  Class is officially over, and it was time to unwind with the last couple days of everyone’s trip.  What a better way to do it, than the party island of Greece?  At the port we grabbed some food and waited for the ferry.  When the boat came everyone jumped into this jumbled line.  ‘Hercules’ and I got separated for the girls.  We were boarding the boat and couldn’t find them.  ‘Hercules’ realizes they are still in the building and haven’t made it through yet.  By the time we got on the boat, ‘Hercules’ and I were thinking they didn’t make it.  Apparently they were just sitting in the air-conditioned room until the last second.

Cute Church

I woke up on the boat, barely opening my eyes, only to have ‘Honey Bee’ looking at me and immediately asking me, “Do you want some Baklava?”  Adorable. We got to the port of Mykonos and the group sent me out to do my thing.  I left my suitcase by them, and went in search for a hotel. Yep, we were winging it.  It didn’t prove to be bad either.  They solicit for hotels.  A person is representing every hotel by the port trying to get you to stay.  I talked to several people before I found the right hotel.  Free Internet, good location, 20 Euros a night per person, and breakfast is offered.  Done and Done.

After getting settled in at the hotel it was time for crepes and then a nap.  I don’t know if I was just starving but they were pretty freakin good crepes.  The nap after wasn’t half bad.  Waking up it was time to get ready to go out to dinner.  By this time ‘Cruise’ had joined us in Mykonos.  He had decided he wasn’t going to take a boat/bus again.  So, he flew to Mykonos.  Dinner wasn’t the best Greek dinner we have had.  However, we knew how to order.  We felt like we were trained well.  After dinner we waited for a taxi for about 20 minutes to take us to this club that ‘Hercules’ highly recommended.  We ended up dancing until 5:30 in the morning.  It was a lot of fun.  We all started to get tired and decided it was time to head out.  There was a small crepe shop outside and we had to divulge.  It was then time to wait for a taxi yet again.  All this waiting on taxis because there are only 39 on the island.  I asked.

Categories: Cyclades, Evia and the Sporades Greece

Tagged as:

Perriann Hodges

I am not an author. To be quite honest, I always hated English class. I write so I may share my experiences and remember the man I met on a bus who treated me to dinner with his family, paying and booking a hotel only to find out its out of business, fake crying in the Athens airport to get a ticket home, or remember the strangers who looked out for me on a bus. Some live, experience, and are fulfilled by what’s in their backyards. I find there is something truly exhilarating about cramming as many possessions into a bag as possible, only to complain you brought too many. This is my life out of a suitcase, hope you enjoy.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: